Expect an engaging discussion about the Transatlantic relationship between Europe and the United States. This program will be a candid conversation about US-EU trade and economic relations. The panelists will focus on international growth, opportunities, risks, policy issues, and other major factors that influence the U.S., European, and global economy.
This discussion will be a fact-based, frank, and balanced assessment of the economic and political climate in Europe and the United States, and provide an update on where we stand on EU/US Trade, what you need to know about tax reform on both sides of the Atlantic as well as what to expect for the Eurozone and US economies.
The panelists will address the following topics:
• An overview of the European economy and what is happening in the US markets
• Ramifications of the US and EU Tax reforms for both European and American companies;
-- How reforms will affect FDI and what businesses need to know about Repatriation of overseas assets.
-- What European companies need to know about some problematic international tax provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and other relevant issues of the US tax reform
• US and EU Trade Update:
-- What is the status on Steel and Aluminum Tariffs and the response by the EU, what is happening on trade agreements (NAFTA, EU-Mexico 2.0 and EU-Japan)
• Brexit: a quick update on where we are and what issues are still open (incl. deadlines, expectations)
• The role and importance of the EU/US partnership in the global economy
• Damien Levie, Head of Trade & Agriculture Team, Embassy of the European Union to the United States
• Nick Giordano, US Tax Policy Leader, Washington Council, EY
• Catherine Mann, Global Chief Economist, CITI
• Sally Painter, COO, Blue Star Strategies, LLC [Moderator]
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM - Check in and Networking Breakfast
8:30 AM - 10:00 AM - Program
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM - Networking
EACCNY Member: Free
EACCNY Non-Member: Free
This program is part of World Trade Week 2018