- Jay Evans, Research Leader, Bee Research Laboratory, USDA
- Kirsten Traynor, Research Associate, Department of Entomology, University of Maryland
- Gabriele Ludwig, Director, Sustainability & Environmental Affairs, Almond Board of California
- H.E. Bozo Cerar, Ambassador of Slovenia to the United States
- Agnieszka Jarmula, Senior Advisor, Food Safety, Health & Consumer Affairs Section, Delegation of the European Union.
This event is timed to coincide with May 20, the date proposed by the Republic of Slovenia for the proclamation of World Bee Day within the framework of the United Nations.
Breakfast featuring foods with honey bee products will be prepared by elementary school children from Slovenia, the winners of the “The Cooking Kids” competition, organized throughout Slovenia with the objective of introducing healthy and sustainable food options to younger generations.
This event is free but reservations are required.
For more information about the Republic of Slovenia’s World Bee Day Initiative, click HERE.
This event is organized as part of the European Month of Culture and part of the EU Delegation’s “Conversations in Culture” Event Series.