A Conversation with the Secretary General of France's Committee for the Prevention of Delinquency and Radicalization
Join Muriel Domenach, Secretary General of the French government's Inter-ministerial Committee for the Prevention of Delinquency and Radicalization (CIPDR), as she discusses France's ongoing efforts to counter radicalization and violent extremism.
"Prevent to Protect," the plan released by CIPDR in February 2018, offered 60 measures to refocus France's policy of prevention around five key themes:
- Shielding individuals from radicalization
- Widening the detection and prevention network
- Understanding and preparing for developments in radicalization
- Training local stakeholders and assessing practices
- Tailoring disengagement schemes
After Ms. Domenach's remarks, Seth G. Jones, Harold Brown Chair and Director of the CSIS Transnational Threats Project, will host a moderated armchair discussion comparing and contrasting the French and American perspectives on the issues of returning foreign fighters, counter-narrative efforts, and building community resilience.