About this Event
On the World and Europe Day Against the Death Penalty, join the EU and American University for a film screening of In The Executioner's Shadow. Following the screening, death penalty experts -- including a former executioner for the Commonwealth of Virginia and the mother of a murder victim -- will participate in a panel discussion.
- HE Stavros Lambrinidis, Ambassador of the European Union to the United States
- Daniel Myers, Provost, American University
- Jerry Givens, former executioner, Commonwealth of Virginia (1982-1999)
- Vicki Shieber. mother of murder victim and criminal justice reform advocate
- Diann Rust-Tierney, Executive Director, National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty
Reception to follow in the Kogod School of Business Student Lounge.