“Everyone needs a hug!”
- Date: October 30 at 10:30 AM
- Location: Montgomery College Cultural Arts Center
- Contemporary Dance
- Age: 2-10
- Duration: 40 mins.
- Choreographer: Dovilė Binkauskaitė
- Stage & costume designer: Artūras Šimonis
- Dancers: Agnija Šeiko, Inga Kuznecova-Beleškienė, Darius Berulis, Eiva Dobilaitė
- Composer: Jurgita Mieželytė
- PADI DAPI Fish: www.padidapifish.lt
What it is about…
The hug is understood as a sign of openness and sincere acceptance throughout different cultures and it is inherent from childhood. It helps to grow, sense oneself, become stronger, feel confident and get on with life. This performance tells the story of an older brother who's trying to teach his younger sister to play with her small and motionless arms and – most importantly – to hug. With the help of their parents, her arms "grow up" through the end of the performance and she is able to do so many things: to clap, to play, to draw and to hug.
Please note this event is for school groups, with a limited number of seats open to the general public.
Additional list dates:
October 29 | 10:00 AM | Strathmore Mansion
October 29 | 11:30 AM | Strathmore Mansion