Please join the European American Chamber of Commerce for “Smart Cities & Smart Buildings: The Future of Commercial RE in the US and across Europe”
Several of the EACC network’s RE experts in commercial real estate, investment, and sustainability will come together to discuss market updates and interesting new trends in sustainable real estate development, smart cities and smart buildings, and how to create a future with better and more sustainable cities.
We will be looking at trends affecting the demand for retail units in light of the growth in online retail; the impact of changes in the way we work on demand for traditional office space. Including re-purposing of RE due to trends in automated driving and related developments
We will also discuss major issues affecting property taxation in the United States and Europe pertaining to green buildings, as well as concrete examples of new initiatives taking place in cities on both sides of the Atlantic.
The discussion will cover:
• Market analysis and trends such as:
>> competition from manufacturing operations located outside the US and Europe
>> the impact on traditional storage facilities of the move to “just in time” deliveries.
• Trends in Smart Cities: New initiatives in green technologies and smart buildings
>> Policy Issues:
-- The US utility market and incentives
-- Excessive focus on the renewable electric grid to the detriment of other low carbon paths
>> What building owners can do:
-- Avoid “green washing” and the appearance of efficiency vs actual efficiency
-- Stay focused on the best sustainability X per dollar
-- Have patience for distributed generation
-- Does energy efficiency really figure into your business?
• Property tax updates, including major issues affecting property taxation in Europe and the US; this will include:
>> The latest on property tax issues in New York
>> Property tax legislation being considered in Germany
>> Changes affecting property tax appeals in the UK
• What is new with incentives for real estate developments
• Annemarie DiCola, CEO, Trepp, LLC
• Ann Kaymen, CEO & Founder, The New York Grant Company
• Paul Sanderson, President, International Property Tax Institute (IPTI)
• Don Liebman, Partner, Tuchman Korngold Weiss Liebman & Gelles LLP
• Dan Leonhardt, Energy and Sustainability Engineer, Ecosystem Energy
8:00 - 8:30 AM - Registration
8:30 - 9:30 AM - Program
9:30 - 10:00 AM - Networking
EACCNY Member: Free of Charge
EACCNY Non-member: Free of Charge
335 Madison Ave