EU at Spring Meetings
The EU will have a strong presence at the 2018 edition of the Spring Meetings of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (April 16-22).
- From the European Commission: Valdis Dombrovskis, Vice President for the Euro and Social Dialogue, in charge of Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union; Johannes Hahn, European Commissioner for Enlargement Negotiations and Neighborhood; Neven Mimica, European Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development; Pierre Moscovici, European Commissioner for Economic et Financial Affairs, Taxation and Customs;
- From the European Central Bank (ECB): Mario Draghi, President;
- From the Eurogroup: Mario Centeno, President;
- From the European Investment Bank: Werner Hoyer, President;
- European Stability Mechanism: Klaus Regling, Managing Director;
- From the Single Resolution Board: Elke Köning, Chair.
They will discuss issues of global concern, including the world economic outlook, poverty eradication, economic development, and aid effectiveness.
Follow the discussion on social media and engage with us using the hashtag #EUatSpringMeetings.
Find a summary of public events organized with EU representatives as part or in the margins of these meetings below:
Download our EUintheUS App
Be sure not to miss this opportunity to enjoy some of the best of Europe, without the jet lag! Your ultimate guide to EU Events in the U.S. organized by Delegation of the European Union to the United States, EU Member States, and partner organizations.
EUintheUS Event Series
Conversations in Culture featuring different cultural presentations from various EU countries;
EU Rendez-Vous focusing on substantive policy areas; EU Embassies’ Open House opening their doors to the public;
European Month of Culture, filled with art, dance, theater, exhibits and many more cultural presentations throughout May;
Kids’ Euro Festival—designed for children of all ages—each fall;
EU/AFI Film Festival presenting a variety of European films to DC metro audiences.