The implementation of BEPS represents fundamental shifts in the paradigm of taxation. Companies need to understand the uncertainties brought about from this shift and be prepared to handle the global business risks stemming therefrom.
This panel will discuss BEPs update, the EU responses to BEPCs, state aids challenges and the appropriate adjustments to be made within this new tax environment. Discussions will also comment on practical solutions to the shifting landscape.
Concrete panelists will address:
General overview of the BEPS Project and the ATAD
- Overview of the BEPS Action Plan
- The EU Anti-Tax Avoidance (ATA) Package
- Timeline for implementation
- Need to monitor implementation of BEPS and ATA Directive
- Hybrid Mismatch Arrangements
- Controlled Foreign Company Rules
- Interest Limitation Rules
- Tax Treaty Abuse
- Multilateral Agreement
- Digital Economy
Update on State Aids
- What is a State Aid?
- Ongoing State Aids Investigation
PLUS: Practical impacts and solutions on this shifting landscape
• Eric Fort, Partner, ARENDT MEDERNACH (Moderator)
• Peter Maher, Partner, A&L GOODBODY
• Rob Havenga, Partner, HOUTHOFF BURUMA
• JD Choi, Founder, TAXTECHNOLOGIES, INC
8:00 – 8:30 AM Check in
8:30 – 10:00 AM Program
10:00 – 10:30 AM Networking
EACC NY Members: Free of Charge
Non-EACCNY Members: Free of Charge
European American Chamber of Commerce New York
The New York Times Building, 620 Eighth Avenue, 37th Fl.
New York, NY 10018