The European Research Council (ERC) awards long-term grants to individual researchers from anywhere in the world who wish to carry out their research projects in a host organisation based in Europe. Excellence is the sole evaluation criteria.
Under the EU research programme "Horizon 2020", the ERC has a budget of over €13 billion for the period 2014-2020.
The ERC supports the best and most creative scientists to identify and explore new opportunities and directions in any field of research. It particularly encourages proposals which cross disciplinary boundaries; address new and emerging fields; and introduce unconventional and innovative approaches.
Programme, 21 February 2017
4:30 - 5:00pm – Registration
5:00 - 5:15pm – Welcome & Introduction
- Ana Elorza, Science Coordinator, FECYT-Embassy of Spain
- Santiago Cuevas, ECUSA – Spanish Scientists in the US
5:15 - 5:30pm – EURAXESS – Researchers in Motion
- Viktoria Bodnarova, Regional Representative, EURAXESS North America
5:30 - 7:00pm –European Research Council (ERC): Funding Opportunities for Top Scientists from Anywhere in the World
- Carmen Garcia Fernández, Head of Sector, European Research Council
7:00 - 7:30pm – ERC Grantee Testimonial
- Michael Ellison, ERC Consolidator Grantee, University of Bristol, UK (TBC)
7:30 - 9:00pm – Reception