Join us for an update on major tax developments across Europe and in the United States with experts on U.S. Government Tax, from the OECD, and the EU Commission.
US SIDE OF THE AGENDA
● Basic design features of the US Budget Reconciliation Tax Legislation
● Treatment of U.S. outbound businesses (GILTI rewrite, foreign tax credit rule changes).
● Effective dates and transition.
● Year-end wrap up package (expiring tax and trade provisions)
EU SIDE OF THE AGENDA
● OECD Substance & Process, Treasury's objectives in further discussion of the Inclusive Framework, incl. Congressional position.
● EU Tax Reform Packages
● Global Minimum Tax, esp. the transposition of Pillar 2 plus the work on Pillar 1, ramifications for financing the EU and the medium-term intention to rebuild our CIT framework (BEFIT)
● EU Stepping up against tax evasion and aggressive tax planning: legislation on shell companies, defensive measures against blacklisted jurisdictions, new transparency requirements.
● Kyle Dawley, Managing Director, CLA CONNECT (moderator)
● Mark Prater, Managing Director, Tax Policy Svcs, PWC US
● Benjamin Angel, Director for Direct Taxation, Tax Coordination, Economic Analysis & Evaluation & Acting Director for Indirect Taxation & Tax Administration, DG TAXUD, EUROPEAN COMMISSION
● Other panelist to be announced