A film screening and panel discussion on World and Europe Day Against the Death Penalty
About this Event
On the World and Europe Day Against the Death Penalty, join the EU and American University for a film screening of In The Executioner's Shadow. Following the screening, death penalty experts -- including a former executioner for the Commonwealth of Virginia and the mother of a murder victim -- will participate in a panel discussion.
- HE Stavros Lambrinidis, Ambassador of the European Union to the United States
- Daniel Myers, Provost, American University
- Jerry Givens, former executioner, Commonwealth of Virginia (1982-1999)
- Vicki Shieber. mother of murder victim and criminal justice reform advocate
- Diann Rust-Tierney, Executive Director, National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty
Reception to follow in the Kogod School of Business Student Lounge.