Please join the European American Chamber of Commerce in NY for a discussion about how companies are balancing the bottom-line with environmentally and socially responsible governance.
Key discussion topics to include:
Integration of ESG into business strategy and compliance programs - ESG is not “new” particularly in the business and legal spheres. But how companies address ESG is becoming less prescriptive and requires more tailoring of the risks and opportunities respective of their business strategy and embedded into their culture of compliance in order to ensure a sustainable approach.
Understanding and applying ESG standards and regulations - The universe of ESG standards is wide and often confusing while country-specific regulations are rolling out at a quick clip. We discuss approaches for understanding which ESG standards may be most relevant to your business and current and emerging regulations to address now. We will also discuss ratings and how to align with standards reporting.
Developing ESG metrics and goals for now and for a sustainable future - Prevailing market sentiment has been and still continues to focus on using metrics for measuring ESG performance, primarily for climate and carbon goals. However, without properly tying metrics back to strategic initiatives and understanding the explicit financial impact, the measures can prove to be meaningless for sustainability and building a more resilient organization. We will further explore operational opportunities for implementing ESG initiatives in procurement, supply chain, and as part of asset management.
ESG Pitfalls: Understanding disclosure, green-washing, and dispute risks
• What regulations require non-financial and financial disclosures and where?
• What is green-washing and how can companies mitigate the risk?
• How to know about risks and avoid litigation pertaining to ESG disclosures and operations?
• Anna Athanasopoulou, Head of Unit Proximity, Social Economy, Creative Industries, DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, EUROPEAN COMMISSION
• Brooke Hopkins, Managing Director, ALIXPARTNERS LLP (Moderator)
• Maureen Kline, VP Public Affairs & Sustainability, PIRELLI TIRE NORTH AMERICA
• Fabio Massimo Natalucci, Deputy Director, INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND
• Annette Michelle (Shelli) Willis, Partner, TROUTMAN PEPPER, LLP