Join the European American Chamber of Commerce for an in-person dialog with Olivier Guersent, Director-General at DG Competition (European Commission) and hear about the most current antitrust issues affecting European and American companies doing business across the Atlantic.
AGENDA topics include:
● An overview of current issues in EU and US competition policy incl. progress being made via the Joint EU/US Technology & Competition Dialogue
● The top policy issues in transatlantic technology sectors
● How the pandemic changed antitrust policies in the EU and in the U.S.
● Update on the EU’s Chips Act and transatlantic cooperation on semiconductor production
● International or transatlantic co-operation on mergers
● Key challenges for regulation in both the EU and U.S. digital economies incl. policy challenges in relation to IoT as well as privacy and data issues created by the “Metaverse”
● How EU and U.S. competition policy and regulation can play a role in supporting the transition to low carbon economies?
● Olivier Guersent, Director-General at DG Competition, EUROPEAN COMMISSION
● Journalist Moderator (TBD)